Essential training for Branch Secretaries.
Delivered over three days, these short courses are aimed at all Branch Secretaries and will support them in developing further skills and expertise in:
• What is ‘Useful Data’ and Why Collect it?
• Organising, Storing & Retrieving Trade Union Information
• Mapping Your Branch
• Contacting Your Members
• Data Protection, the Law & Union Policies
• Hardware and Software
• Identifying, supporting and developing new activists
• Effective succession planning
• Mentoring skills
• Developing resources to support your reps
• Getting more people involved in the Branch
This course is designed to ensure that everyone gets the chance to participate fully through working in small groups, taking part in group discussions, role play and practical exercises.
This course does not attract paid release from the employers that we work with.