- Do you worry about speaking in public or at meetings?
- Are you interested in doing more public speaking in a trade union environment?
- Would you like to have a go at writing a speech?
- Or would you just like to polish up your public speaking skills?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then this short course will be a great way of gaining the confidence to banish your nerves and develop great public speaking skills.
Over the two or three day course, you will have a chance to:
- Identify the best speaking style for you
- Understand what makes a great speech
- Get some top tips on how best to structure a speech
- Practice delivering a speech in a friendly and supportive environment
- Develop techniques for dealing with nerves
- Try out different styles of speaking
- Understand how formal processes work at conferences
This course does not attract paid release from the employers that we work with.
The following Public Speaking course is currently scheduled to take place at the CWU Education and Training Centre at Alvescot Lodge.