Poetry Courses For People Who Don’t Do Poetry (And Those Who Do)September 2 2020
This autumn the CWU are running a series of 8 online writing and performance workshops. The workshops are free and open to all members. They are delivered by the critically acclaimed Poets, Prattlers and Pandemonialists and are designed to be both entertaining and instructive.
Please share widely to make sure no-one misses out.
The first workshop runs from 5-7pm on 17th September.
Please send applications to email@example.com
- 17th Sept: What Could I Write About? Lists, repetition and recipes for creating poetry.
- 24th Sept: Building Blocks For Poetry I. Syllable counting and the natural world.
- 1st Oct: Building Blocks For Poetry II. To rhyme or not to rhyme.
- 8th Oct: The Poets Toolkit. Demystifying and experimenting with basic poetry terms.
- 15th Oct: The Tried & The Tested. Explaining traditional poetic structures.
- (Half Term)
- 5th Nov: Going Rogue. Free verse and experimental poetry.
- 12th Nov: Now What? Publishing your poems.
- 19th Nov: You Wouldn’t Get Me Up There! Performance